Wrong credit card charged

Marija5
Level 1
Orebić, Croatia

Wrong credit card charged

I use Airbnb for my business and private trips and I just saw that my business credit card has been charged for the private trip i plan to go to. How do I contact Airbnb and ask them t refund my business card and charge my private account?

13 Replies 13
Pete23
Level 1
Brentwood, TN

Marina,

Did you get an answer to this?  I have the same problem and I need to get it resolved.

Please let me know if you determined how to correct.

Thanks,

Pete

+1 anyone get this resolved? 

same here

Somehow the work card was assigned as default, without my knowledge

the solution is to contact @AirbnbHelp on twitter

Same issue, anything else besides just contacting them trhough social networks? 

Venessa5
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

hi everyone! the same problem just happened to me and my husband. we called airbnb right away and they allowed us to change the payment to our other credit card. hope this helps!

called airbnb around 30 mins after my booking and it was all sorted too 🙂

You are lucky!  It took me 1 hour on the phone, and now this whole thing still has to go to a "Supervisor" to figure out what they did incorrectly.  AirBnB is certainly hit or miss (most likely depending on who you get in the 1st place)

Janice182
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I have now been on hold for almost 40 minutes.  Air BnB is VERY quick to CHARGE you for your trips. But I had a 0% credit card for purchases, which I told them to use.  They unfortunately also had a different Credit Card in their system (NOT listed as my primary card - an 11.7% card).  Even though I got them to fix their original mistake they had made on April 13, 2018, and got the charge changed to the correct card, for some reason, the 2nd payment due was AUTOMATICALLY charged to the incorrect cardf (and IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THAT CARD FROM MY PROFILE).  Now I am on hold as the idiot customer service representative claims she has to "research" my problem. They have me charge for $1074.14 at 11.7% instead of 0% due to their TOTAL INCOMPETENCE

My reply to your original question is  the best solution (although you need to DEVOTE AN ENTIRE DAY with this incompetent company) is to call 855-424-7262.  I would also recommend using their FAQ section and just filling out an e-mail detailing your issue (pick "Other" for subject is what I think I did). GIVE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE, INCLUDING THE RESERVATION ID #.  Because I can assure you they are either as dumb as they act, or deliberately pretend not to know what to do.  Although in my case, my original problem was easily cleared up.  Now today I am hold for 45 minutes trying to clear up what should be a simple issue.  I totally expect to get my call cut off, since most incompetent companies tend to do that.  Good luck.

Andrea2582
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Same issue with me...thought I had paid with PayPal credit, only to see the whole holiday had been taken from my current account. 

Upon calling them they said there was nothing they could do and I would need to speak to my bank.

Called PayPal and there was nothing they could do either as doesnt fit their 'dispute guidelines'.

Now cancelling the booking (losing £62 service charge) to rebook again with the right account. 

Seems when I chose PayPal to pay, their system over-rode my choice as in Airbnb there is a section where your preferred method of payment is stored and mine was set to current account. Absolutely raging! 

Airbnb charged my company credit card for a personal trip when I know I selected my personal card. Airbnb will not charge my personal credit card and credit my company card. Hotels do this all the time. Any suggestions on getting this resolved? The last person I spoke with would not escalate for further assistance. 

Megan211
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

Just wanted to verify that this is STILL happening. At first it seemed like it could be a problem with Airbnb not prompting me to re-log in to my PayPal account (which presumably needs to be re-connected due to security issues every few months). I selected my PayPal account as my payment for a reservation, it confirmed that the payment went through and I went along my merry day.

Three days later I don't see the charge on the card linked to my PayPal account so I go back into my account. Unbeknownst to me, Airbnb has attempted to charge MULTIPLE cards that are not set as my default including an expired card AND a card I am no longer an authorized user on, which unfortunately was the one that actually went through.

I get them to refund that card, but not before a fraud alert is issued. A chargeback will likely come from that, but since I provided them with the new (old) PayPal account as payment, I think nothing of it - Airbnb's Accounts Receivable department will match the chargeback to the other card that they already refunded, right? 

Not right.

These folks (or their system) are truly idiotic.

The chargeback comes through, and they automatically CANCEL my reservation??

I have been on the phone and over chat with them for HOURS over multiple days now because the listing has gone up in price almost $200 for the same reservation. They have not, as of now, offered me a credit for the difference or admitted any fault on their end. Ugh.