World Cup Russia 2018

Allen55
Level 2
Portland, OR

World Cup Russia 2018

Hello everyone,

My family and I are traveling to Moscow and Saint Petersburg for the World Cup in 2018. We have booked one apartment in each city. as required by FIFA we will be getting a "Fan ID" that allows for visa free travel and entry to the stadiums. 

While looking at Airbnbs there are some that state that a forenginer is required to registar with FMS (federal migration service) if we stay in a private residence.  If we are all getting fan ID's will we still need to register with the FMS?

Any help is greatly appriciated. 

13 Replies 13
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would have thought so, but they are best placed to answer your question.

Max206
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi how long you staying in each location?  if its above a certain number days u definitely need to register with the FMS. Your host can do it for you - its quite standard.

we stayed here before: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4895457?location=Saint%20Petersburg%2C%20Russia

the owner did it for us. its quite standard.

Андрей6
Level 3
Moscow, Russia

The host will do it for you for free

Richard675
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

British expat living in Russia.

As long as you are not in any one location for more than 7 working days then you do not need to register with the FMS.

hi Richard, I read that in the dates of the world cup 2018, foreigners have to register within 24 hours in each city of arrival =/

Naru0
Level 1
New York, NY

I'm running into a situation where the superhost in Moscow is asking for $80-$100 cash because he's using some "agency" that he won't name. Anyone running into similar issue? He clearly realized he didn't price the apartment right based on what others are charging and is trying to make some up for it.

@Naru0

No way should you be paying so much.

I'd consider cancelling your reservation if I were you.

Corina15
Level 1
Lima, Peru

and yet airbnb has not said anything, it seems is a lot of us with the same issue. What I read is that due to the world cup we must register in each city...and i dont know what happens if one arrives on a saturday (my case ) ;(

Nothing bad will happens. Don't worry. 

Life is much easier here in Russia, then it is written in papers.

Allen55
Level 2
Portland, OR

Here is an article in the Moscow Times that breaks down how to register in Russia when staying at an airbnb. Hopefully this helps. https://themoscowtimes.com/community/117/

@Allen55

There have been some changes since your link article was printed, which can be seen on the Russian Govermental website pages.

Hotels and registered guest houses have 24 hours to register visitors with their on-line system.

Outside of this private residents and this will be including airbnb bookings - timescale has been adjusted now to within 72 hours - as it's done on a paper form.

Расим0
Level 2
Kazan, Russia
Ricardo491
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am having a similar problem.  My host is asking for $80 / person to register us.  I called airbnb and they are not familiar with these registration rules.  It seems the host is obliged to register you but there is no way to force them to do so and therefore you are open to extortion.

With the new decree it seems that instead of the 24 hr registration requirement, it extends it 72hrs. 

Still not clear if you are not in one city longer than 72 hrs whether you still need to register.

Airbnb should have a clear stand on this to prevent their costumer to be open to extortion.