Wisconsin sales tax submission

Beth144
Level 2
Mukwonago, WI

Wisconsin sales tax submission

Hi,

This is our first year hosting and I am wondering about how to complete the annual sale report to the DOR. We opened on July 29, so Airbnb has been collecting sales tax for us the entire time. Here are my questions. 

1. Do I need to complete the annual report? I think I do. 

2. If so, how do I indicate that Airbnb has already paid sales tax on my behalf? I don't see it is an option on the form to that sales tax has already been paid. 

I also have a message into the DOR. Thanks for any guidance you can provide. 

Beth 

3 Replies 3
Susan3676
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Hi there, I think I have the exact same question and I was wondering if you ever got more information.  Did the DOR get back to you with a good answer?

Thanks,

Susan

Yes, I did talk to the DOR. he shared that as long as Airbnb is submitting sales tax on our behalf, we do not need to complete the annual sales report. Airbnb is doing that for me.

That is what my tax guy said also, however the DOR noticed I had not submitted anything myself (as I go exclusively through Airbnb) and they assigned me $500.00 in arbitrary tax liability.  My accountant just drafted a letter to WI DOR that all of my revenue was earned through Airbnb and they submit the tax that they collected on my behalf.  For counties with half percent sales tax Airbnb collects and sends that too.