Washine machine is not in the list of facilities but there is one

Svetlana142
Level 2
Stockholms län, Sweden

Washine machine is not in the list of facilities but there is one

Hi 

In a listing there is no washing machine in the list of facilities but the host says there is one. 

How do I trust and what can I do if when I come there is no one?

3 Replies 3
Denis-Mark0
Level 10
Lahnstein, Germany

Hi @Svetlana142 

It's problematic to rely on something which is not on the official inventory of the listing. That would mean that you won't be able to ask for any compensation if a washing is not there or not working.

So, the question is, can you trust the host. Check his presence on AirBnb  and his ratings the get a better impression if he's trustworthy. If the rating about the precision of the description of his listing is not excellent, might be a signal that things were not as communicated before.

You could even ask why he didn't add the washing machine to his insertion.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Svetlana142 

If it is make or break for you, you should simply search for a place that includes washing machine availability in the amenities list in the first place.

There have been many discussions on the forum previously regarding washing machine use. Issues such as misuse, overuse, abuse of detergent supplies for example, can deter hosts from making machines available.

In my shared space, I don't list the machine as an amenity. I do allow guests the use at my discretion and proffer use in appropriate circumstances, while retaining control.

In your case, as I said, why book then start asking about amenities that aren't listed. Can a host trust you as a guest? 

Svetlana142
Level 2
Stockholms län, Sweden

I haven't booked yet. I like the place in general but I am really in need of washing machine as I have a bunch of kids. So I am trying to find out what to expect.