Untrue Bad Review

Answered!
Afsar2
Level 2
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Untrue Bad Review

This is what guest write - Stay away!! Don’t loose your money like I did. Unless you let them keep a copy of you passport and your children and everyone in your party’s passport they will not let you stay. I offered identification and even my passport to verify. This was not good enough. He insisted on keeping a copy of everyone’s passport, including my minor children. When I said no, this is not normal, they refused to let us stay in the rooms we paid for. I still have not received a refund. This place is a scam!!

Our request was to give us a copy so that we can scan & send it to local intelligence as per law. they snatch the passport & left saying that they will speak to AIRBNB for refund.  

Looking for your valuable advise so that we know how to counter this

thank you

Afsar

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Afsar2 

In Croatia hosts as well as Hotels etc... are obligated to register all their guests, including infants and children. Airbnb policy is - you have to have it in writing in your listing's house rules.

Croatian tourist board also issued a note about GDPR and all hosts can download it and show to their guests in case they refuse to show their IDs.  It is written in a few languages and can be seen here: https://www.klub-iznajmljivaca.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/gdpr-obavijest-na-hr-eng-de-it-1-1.pdf . Can you get something like that from your tourist board or authorities in your country?

If our guests don't want to show us their IDs or passports we are not obligated to host them. They can, however, go to the police station themselves and personally register there during working hours and then come back with written confirmation from the police that they did it but of course, it's a waste of time.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Afsar2 

In Croatia hosts as well as Hotels etc... are obligated to register all their guests, including infants and children. Airbnb policy is - you have to have it in writing in your listing's house rules.

Croatian tourist board also issued a note about GDPR and all hosts can download it and show to their guests in case they refuse to show their IDs.  It is written in a few languages and can be seen here: https://www.klub-iznajmljivaca.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/gdpr-obavijest-na-hr-eng-de-it-1-1.pdf . Can you get something like that from your tourist board or authorities in your country?

If our guests don't want to show us their IDs or passports we are not obligated to host them. They can, however, go to the police station themselves and personally register there during working hours and then come back with written confirmation from the police that they did it but of course, it's a waste of time.

Afsar2
Level 2

Dear Branka and Silvia

Thank you so much for your valuable advise , yes we can get this from our authorities 

Kind Regards 

Afsar 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

PS if they cancel they will be refunded according to your cancelation policy.

If they contact Airbnb and ask for a refund who knows how Airbnb CS rep will handle this case, it is unpredictable and often against any logic 🙂

Regarding their review, you are allowed to reply. Be professional, brief and clear and you can say something like: "By law in UAE all guests have to be registered at arrival and therefore asked to show their IDs."

Afsar2
Level 2

Dear Branka and silvia

this is what we reply

This is completely unacceptable feedback. we are following law of the land if you don't understand than all the best to you. Again i will make it clear to you if anyone who will not provide me copies of there ID i will not allow them to stay in my house with my family

Afsar2
Level 2

My property is brand new we open recently, she told bad about property & place  

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Afsar2 
also maybe moving forward when any guests book/inquire 

“Hello,

Hope you are well. 

As per UAE laws, all guests will be required to provide hosts with time as to make prints of ALL guest’s passport- this law is applicable to all, including those underage. This will be done upon check in- no exceptions. 

*Not complying with this is against the law.*

If for whatever reason you feel this is not acceptable I ask that please cancel your reservation- which will be penalty free up to 48 hours from booking. 

Kindest regards,”

I would also write this in the 

-things to note

-rules 

-profile info

That way even if they did not read it- you have done your due diligence. 

Good luck 🙂

ps. To tag someone in a post @ (name) otherwise they will most likely not see your response. 

Afsar2
Level 2

Dear Yadira

i am fine wishing same for you

Thank you for you valuable advise, we will  definitely update. 

Kind regards 

Afsar