Thinking of becoming a host

Thinking of becoming a host

Hi,

I will shortly be converting part of my home to a 3 bedroom apartment. The Apartment will be attached to my home but there is good isolation from noise etc. I am located on a main road leading directly into a very popular area for tourists. I am also close to one of Ireland's main event centres and outdoor concert venues. There are also a number of race course in the area. I am about 40 mins from Dublin airport.

I would assume that there is good buisness potential but I am unsure what way I should rent the apartment. Options to consider:

1. Should I rent the rooms separately to different guests or should I rent the whole apartment as one unit?

2. Should I concentrate on one/two night rents or longterm rental?

3. Should I provide cooking services?

4. Would this be only a summer business or is there still rental potential during the winter?

I understand that it's not possible to give definite answers to all these questions but I would be interested to hear any advise or opinions.

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Bill87

Nearly impossible I'm afraid to answer your questions - you will have to look at what is avialable already in your area, what prices they go for, etc...

However...rooms vs entire appartment. You can list both. Create a listing for the entire appartment and also a separate listing for each room. Just keep your calendars up to date.

Cooking servies: not sure what you mean. If you mean kitchen faciliites, then I would think people staying there for a racing weekend would at least expcet a kitchen where they could prepare breakfast.

I can guess roughly where you are located and I would say your prime time will be May through to Oct - after that perhaps Christmas/New Year and racing weekends.

One night rentals are a lot of work - think of the wear and tear and the turn around required.