Superhost status

Answered!

Superhost status

Superhost status updates are coming soon and it says in my overall experiene that I have scored 5 stars 80% of the time, but underneath Overall Rating, it shows 5 Star Trips - 77% of your trips.... 

It seems like up until these last three guests, those stats got updated instantly after a guest reviewed me. There is under "Super host Requirements a green check mark on everything except 5 star trips... which is at 80% currently... HELP! Am I going to garner Super Host Status????

1 Best Answer
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Bobby-and-Jenifer0 what do you mean that in your overall experience you have scored 80%? You could upload a screenshot of your stats, if you want, so we can have an image and help you better.

However, the Superhosts requirement may be delayed up to 3 days, so wait to see whether they change the following days. 

I had a look at your listing and I saw that your Overall Experience Rating seems to be 5 stars, so you seem to have the requirement. 

In any case, as other hosts say, don't be anxious about Superhost Status. As I seem you are a new host and you just completed 10 hostings. Your reviews are great and your listing looks very nice. So, your future can be bright, I believe, either you get the Supehost status now or not. If not, you reset your goal for three months later.

Good luck with your bookings and hostings!

@Andrew196  the assessment period ends on the 14th of October. After that date, we will know about our Supehost status. 

Ira

• For anyone who wants to contact Airbnb, see this thread:

• Let's all give thumbs up to hosts that help us!

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You're responding on someone else's thread.

Don't worry about Super Host status.  It means almost nothing more than a pat on the back.

Naida0
Level 2
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I would not agree.

When considering properties I plan to rent, "superhost" is one of the criteria I filter by (though, it might be just me doing that). 
Also, superhost properties are the ones displayed first...

Diane84
Level 4
California, United States

I have had a hard time regarding "superhost" status as well I feel it is really impossible to get 5 stars all the time my ratings are really good but people are wierd sometimes they dont read the descriptions and then complain it wasnt what they thought it was, etc etc. Very frustrating-- I have given up but do not like it. I dont think they should offer "super host" is is is near impossible to get and also means nothing anyway but a little badge that the clients dont even know what it is How about a incentive program that we can work to attain that takes in account the subjective nature of the reviews-- like judge on commitment and response more  since that is easily rated.

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

Superhost is the carrot and the stick.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bobby-and-Jenifer0

It's great to see you're working towards Superhost status!

My name is Kirstie and I'm the online community coordinator here in the Community Center. I have moved your post to a separate thread as it is a separate question to the one you were replying to. It is best to ask new questions  in new  threads as you are more likely to get a relevant response and it makes it easier for others to find it.

Kirstie

Andrew196
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

I've had two assessments and have not become a superhost either time even though I have a five star rating and over 30 guests with five stars 95% of the time or more in all the categories. Just wondering why I am not getting superhost status?

I dont understand, if you've met all the requirements (which they clearly put in a separate column), how could they have not given you superhost status? you must not be reading your stats right...

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Bobby-and-Jenifer0 what do you mean that in your overall experience you have scored 80%? You could upload a screenshot of your stats, if you want, so we can have an image and help you better.

However, the Superhosts requirement may be delayed up to 3 days, so wait to see whether they change the following days. 

I had a look at your listing and I saw that your Overall Experience Rating seems to be 5 stars, so you seem to have the requirement. 

In any case, as other hosts say, don't be anxious about Superhost Status. As I seem you are a new host and you just completed 10 hostings. Your reviews are great and your listing looks very nice. So, your future can be bright, I believe, either you get the Supehost status now or not. If not, you reset your goal for three months later.

Good luck with your bookings and hostings!

@Andrew196  the assessment period ends on the 14th of October. After that date, we will know about our Supehost status. 

Ira

• For anyone who wants to contact Airbnb, see this thread:

• Let's all give thumbs up to hosts that help us!

Cynthia149
Level 2
Ceres, CA

I was called away to the East Coast to help my son with babysitting issues,  he is a single dad, so I left my son in charge to cohost which he has done successfully many times over but this time he got the stomach flu and was throwing up and was unable to prepare the rooms, so I had to cancel a guest same day. Now Airbnb is removing my super host status for ONE YEAR which I think is absolutely so unfair considering that I’ve been getting five stars all along have an overall rating of five stars , and have had super host status for the past year. There  should be some consideration for last minute unavoidable situations other than a death in the family. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Cynthia149   Call AirBnB and plead extinuating circumstances due to the illness of your son. You have to cancel first then cxlaim the extinuating circumstances. It may take more than 1 or 2 calls to get the right CS rep to fix this for you, but persistence is the key here. Stresss your emergency with your other son and then your co hosts son's severe illness which left him unable to hosts the guests forcing you to cancel. Grovel if need be.  

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

For Superhosts (they will verify you):

North America: +1-647-945-9627 +1.888.326.5753

Jojo16
Level 2
St Just, United Kingdom

Due to the coronavirus, I have shut the air and b for the time being as it is not safe to bring more people into my home. I have a husband who is shielding.

I have lost my super host status because I haven’t been open. So people looking at my profile will now see this and book with someone else rather than me.

We have all lost a lot of money due to this virus, and air and b have done nothing to compensate except waive the cancellation fees after a battle online with some of my customers that I wanted to refund.

This is a kick in the teeth for hosts who want to reopen once it is safe to do so.

Airbandb are going in the wrong direction. I am now looking for other options to reopen my rooms and rent my cottage.