Stuck!

Answered!

Stuck!

Wow! After reading all the stories I can see I am just being fed BS from Airbnb. I am stuck here for another 3 weeks. I can see why this host has a strict cancellation policy. I am out $5000.00, plus stuck with abuse from the host! I have no where to go. No use sending anymore pics or videos. The replies from Airbnb are only words they think you want to hear!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joyce549 Interesting - The general belief is that Airbnb side with guests over hosts. What are the specifics of your situation?

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joyce549 Interesting - The general belief is that Airbnb side with guests over hosts. What are the specifics of your situation?

I have no hot water in he kitchen, the only way the TV works is if you have an IPad. They do not even get regular TV. They posted they supplied amenities but was told by the host I have to supply my own. I have taken verbal abuse from the host to the point I will not take any more of their calls! The host has an excuse for everything. I said there are no instructions on how to operate certain things is that someone must have stolen it.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

have no hot water in he kitchen, the only way the TV works is if you have an IPad. They do not even get regular TV. They posted they supplied amenities but was told by the host I have to supply my own. I have taken verbal abuse from the host to the point I will not take any more of their calls! The host has an excuse for everything. I said there are no instructions on how to operate certain things is that someone must have stolen it. They list these amenities of which there are NONE!

Joyce549_0-1663094093547.jpeg

@Joyce549 there does seem to be confusion as to what should be supplied for longer stays. Perhaps the host feels starter packs are good enough - It seems to be a bit of a grey area once you get to long term stays

@Mike-And-Jane0 @what starter pkg??? There was nothing!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joyce549 

That doesn't sound good. Does the host have previous reviews and, if so, what were they like?

@Huma0 Only 4 and they were in the last 2 months and nothing before

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joyce549 

Well, it's too late now, but I would recommend in future that you book with a host who has a more proven track record. Of course, everyone has to start somewhere, so I don't want to be unfair to new hosts but, in that case, you need to ask a lot more questions...

They don’t even supply the amenities listed in they’re listing such as:

Shampoo, conditioner, Body soap, Hot water, shower gel, towels, toilet paper etc

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are not stuck anywhere @Joyce549 

If key amenities have not been provided as advertised in the listing you should follow the procedure Airbnb outlines for guests on your booking confirmation and firstly contact the host (which it appears you have done) and then if the host won't fix the hot water in the kitchen/providing missing instructions/provide missing amenities then you can ask Airbnb to cancel the booking and transfer the money you have paid to a new listing.

Have you identified other listings that are available that you can move to?

@Helen3  not true because I have reported everything to AirBnB and they will do nothing! Now…had a water leak last night and the plumber came out to find out the whole side of the sink is cracked and the owner knew about it cause it was previously covered up apparently by trying to seal it up. This is just one disaster after another and the host is not letting me out. The bathroom sinks don’t hold water because it’s be stoppers are not even hooked up. 2 more weeks of this! What next? The dishwasher and washing machine are full of rust! I wish I could post pictures. Airbnb are just a place for advertisements.

62699B62-84F9-42BC-A816-6D41AB17828D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg