Stopped payouts

Jason991
Level 1
Dundrum, United Kingdom

Stopped payouts

Hi,

Hoping someone can help or has had a similar experience. My payouts have stopped for over a month now for no reason,  I have contacted Airbnb 12 times since and have gotten nowhere they just say it is a technical issue.

Has anyone had this issue before and did it get resolved?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jason991 

Check your junk e-mail  for one from airbnb asking you to update payout information or payouts will stop.

Hi Jeff,

You need to update your payout information so you can keep getting payouts. If you haven’t made updates by 01 August, 2019, payouts will be paused, and you’ll need to add your payout method again.

Jason991
Level 1
Dundrum, United Kingdom

Hi, responded to that email, already tried updating payment methods already but didn't work. Airbnb just keep telling me there working on it but no idea of when it will be fixed.

I had this problem a couple of months ago....

Solved by adding an additional payout method with the same payout details that you already have set up. Try this and you should get the test payment of 1p or whatever it is and then your payouts should restart.

Heaven knows why it takes months to fix a technical problem?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Oh look. Yet another opaque and terribly-communicated "requirement" that inevitably results in thousands of host payouts being held back by Airbnb, to conveniently languish in the company accounts for much, much longer than necessary. (With the IPO on the horizon, of course, it's top priority that the illusion of stratospheric month-on-month growth is maintained somehow, by whatever means necessary, in order to reel in and seduce those armies of potential new investors) I guess all the channel-stuffing mustn't be yielding the desired outcomes. 

If these arbitrary payout-witholdings have anything whatsoever to do with money-laundering prevention (or "glitches", for that matter), then I'm the Queen of ** Sheba.  

Jason991
Level 1
Dundrum, United Kingdom

Still no payouts issue going on 2 months now. Airbnb are completely useless still putting it down to a technical issue and refuse to send me the payouts. Anyone had a similar issue, any help greatly appreciated? Thinking of contacting a solicitor see if they can help.

@Jason991 Did you received your payouts yet?

I have the same issue since the end of August and support is absolutely useless.