Smart pricing has offered prices lower than my minimum nightly rate

Emma628
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Smart pricing has offered prices lower than my minimum nightly rate

Has anyone had the above happen? I’ve contacted air bnb and they have said this can happen. Still confused what the minimum price is for then. Has anyone got experience of how much lower the rate will go below your minimum? I don’t want to turn off smart pricing but I set a minimum for a reason. 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emma628 

No, it did never happen to me.

Was there not a discount applied (like your 5% weekly discount?)

Best regards, Emiel

Šarka0
Level 6
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hahaha, I got a funny one! 🙂

Even with that minimum price, I could earn €887 more! Can you believe that?!

ABB_minimum.png

Ricardo741
Level 6
Kingston, Jamaica

AirbanB seem to be getting mad at times. Their computer system or the persons operating them seem to be smoking something. Garbage in garbage out, so do I found many of these computer programming. This is the reason I keep a close eye on this site. 

Rachael154
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

I just opened my accounts and two bookings are showing much less than my minimum. I am VERY UPSET. What do I do? I haven't sent an approval to either person. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Emma628 @Rachael154 @Ricardo741 @Šarka0 @Emiel1 

Set your base minimum rate to how low you want to go and stick to your guns.

There's much discussion and valuable information in CC if you use keywords to read and familiarise yourself with how to protect yourself from been caught out with undercharging for your home.

Many of us have been caught "offguard" with smart pricing suggestions, they are just that, as suggestion and it's up to individuals how much they price there lisitng/s

All the best, Central To All Home and Location