Similar properties flip flopping rankings

Justin982
Level 1
Denison, TX

Similar properties flip flopping rankings

I have 2 units that are exactly the same with different paint colors and furnishings that are right next door to each other.  I have both listed on airbnb, and they are both performing very well!  The only issue is one day one unit is ranked in the top 3, and the other unit is #22.  Then the next day they flip flop, and the unit ranked in the top 3 becomes #22, and the unit ranked #22 goes into the top 3.  I understand there is an algorithm,  but this makes no sense they keep flip flopping so dramatically to the same spots every few days.  Airbnb customer service has not giving me an answer outside of the generic algorithm response.  Are the 2 properties too similar to both be ranked high, I'm really not sure.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Justin982  I think you should consider yourself lucky that each of your properties gets #3 position every other day. Most hosts would love to have their properties so visible.

As to why they flip-flop like that, only the Airbnb computer bot knows and he's impossible to get ahold of 🙂