Reviews on Delisted LIsting

Christine20
Level 2
Pine Lake, GA

Reviews on Delisted LIsting

I quit doing Airbnb at a location in a poor economic neighborhood where I was continually getting dinged on location despite my very accurate description. I now have an Airbnb in an historic district that is getting all 5 star reviews. I thought Airbnb would remove the old reviews when I delisted the previous property however they remain. It is very confusing to guests to read the old reviews as they assume they are about the new listing. It is also making it very difficult for me to get the rating necessary for superhost. I've had numerous reviews at the new property, all 5 star but the Airbnb person I spoke with said essentially too bad, nothing they could do. Has anyone else had experience with this?

3 Replies 3

@Christine20  Your active listings only display the reviews that those individual listings received. But your prior reviews and ratings are, of course,  permanently attached to your user account/profile.  

The whole "Superhost" business is not important at all, but for obvious reasons it accounts for all of your activity as a host rather than just the listings that happen to be active. It only uses data going back 12 months from each assessment date, so if your current listings are performing better, you'll have a better shot at it a year from the time you shut down the less successful listing.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine20 

Reviews mentioned inside in your listing are only the ones related to that listing.

The "old listing" reviews remain in your account, but they are not on the first pages. And they will fade away more and more.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

A good strategy for all hosts is to visit their listing "incognito" so you can see what the guest sees.  Unlike your profile, which is your full picture, the guest preview is about that specific listing.  As previously posted, the SH status is calculated on the last year.  I see that you do have a host cancellation which will affect you for a calendar year no matter what your reviews are.