Review

Sandra396
Level 1
Riverview, FL

Review

Hello,

I am relatevily new to hosting, I started in November 2016. Since then, I've gotten great reviews from all the tenants that stayed in my apartments. Only this week, I had a tenant that complained about everything in the unit and I tried to accommodate all his request. But he did not want to stay and left the second day and requested a full refund which I approved. I saw today he left me a review and I am pretty sure it's a bad one.

My question is: If I do not respond within 14 days, would his review become visible regardless? I am curious to know if I should respond or not.

Please if someone can let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sandra **

7 Replies 7
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Obviously you need to review him, give him the big thumbs down etc so others know. Nobody wants guests like that.

The reviews go up after you both review or after 14 days, so just an issue of timing.

David

Thank you David. But if I do not review him, does his review still go up regardless after 14 days?

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Sandra396

yes, any review goes up regardless of whether the other party reviewed which is why you should be fair to other hosts and leave a review for him with thumbs down.

Thank you Andrea!

All reviews post after 14 days regardless if only one person posts

Thank you Can & Shannon!

Sandra -  here's a little more depth on the review process and what you might be anticipating - 

Yes, even though only the guest leaves a review within the 14 days it will be posted on your account...... So make sure you write a review for the guest. When both are received, then Airbnb will make them public and you will be able to read what your guest has written, along with the stars. Then you have a chance to make a response - which will be shown/posted directly under his review on your profile. And he cannot write anything else.

So - two chances for you to make your opinions known.

Firstly - your review on him - be brief, polite but accurate - something like..... you were disappointed he didn't complete his booking due to his last minute change in dates but you hoped he enjoyed his stay. And don't be afraid to give him a thumbs down.

Secondly - your response to his review on you - take a deep breath after you read whatever he wrote - and don't take it personally. Reply in a way that shows you to be the professional, genuine and cool host you are - mention that you appreciate his comments and you are sorry he wasn't happy but you tried hard to make his stay pleasant and you wish him well.

Overall, this potentially one 'bad' review won't make a difference and it certainly won't make future guests book elsewhere. Really. So don't let it affect you and don't be tempted to respond in a defensive or snippy way - take the high road and live to host another day (while you have his money in your bank account! 🙂

Best of Luck,

Rachael x