No longer appearing in search results after cancelling booking

No longer appearing in search results after cancelling booking

I recently received a 4 week booking request from a lady and, although I already had someone else booked in through another site, I preapproved their booking and bumped the guy who had booked just 1 week through the other site. Almost immediately after I preapproved her booking, she sent through an amendment to change the booking to 1 week. (instead of 4!).

So I sent her a message to say I was only prepared to accept her original booking of 4 weeks. I felt bad enough about bumping the other guy for this woman, but I wasn't going to do that for just a lousy 1 week booking.  I offerred to cancel the booking myself so she didnt get charged the booking fee.

She apologised and said she made a mistake with her dates. She said she understood and it would be fine to cancel the booking.

So now that original booking of hers has been cancelled but the dates are still blocked out in my calendar and showing as a "cancelled reservation". The property is no longer showing in the search results for those dates. I am unable to delete her original preapproved dates, even though I cancelled the booking.

Anyone know how I can rectify the situation?

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Not sure what other sites you use but when you a cancel a guest on AirBnB there are nasty consequences including your calendar being blocked.

I assumed all sites had various measures to discourage such behaviour.

David