Requirement to Approve Guests Even When Instant Booking is ON

Debra167
Level 2
Grover Beach, CA

Requirement to Approve Guests Even When Instant Booking is ON

Can anyone help me with this? I have called and emailed with Airbnb Support and they haven't given me any specific ways that I can stop their new system message that now requires my instant book guests to wait for my approval before they can book. My bookings have slowed to less than half my usual number. Here's what they say:

This is a relatively new feature to our platform. Apparently the system considers there to be a high risk of cancellation based on recent activity and overall hosting history, this includes recent cancellations, booking inquiries declined, messages sent, and viewing the listing calendars. There is no way for me to override this but becoming more active will remove the setting and return your listings to Instant Book. The assessment for this is completed every 7 days.

It would be simple to solve IF I have canceled, but I have made NO cancellations, only 2 declined booking inquiries over 10 months and 6 listings when guests in both cases wanted to add 2 more guests than the total advertised, and for which I do not have beds. I don't know what the system considers to be the problem with messages, hosting history, or the listing calendar or anything I can change to make the system happy. This has been going on for 3 weeks. I used to be booked every night in one unit and on weekends in the others based on demand, so I am as active as the bookings that come in, except that this messaging has halved my business.

Has anyone else encountered this? How did you fix it?

1 Reply 1
Jan83
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Hey Debra,

I have the same problem. My instant book is still turn on in my setting but the guests have to send me a requests. 😕 A wrote to help centre but nobody could help me. At first moment they tried told me that everything is ok and that I had to set something wrong. After one week of messeging there they told me that there is a issue  with that and that they will try fix it. Now 2 weeks are gone and nothing change 😕 Some people have same problem and they said that they changed prices every day and the issue took 18 days.