Rant time

Answered!

Rant time

Totally p****d off with Airbnb at the moment, my listing states i need 48 hrs notice for a booking, when someone gives me 24 hrs or 12 hrs or 3 hrs i have to decline it as i can't get the co host there in time with a key to meet them. Over 48hrs notice can instantly book, that isn't a problem, Airbnb give me this option so why is it when i decline a booking which is less than i ask, i.e 12 hrs or 3 hrs  am i thretened with suspension???????????? I'm seriously looking for another hosting platform or i'll just remove it completley. Rant over guys.Don't even get me started on reviews lol.

1 Best Answer

@Sean382  

The more you read on here you will see that there are many Airbnb Customer Service reps that do not fully understand the system and how to advise hosts with issues such as this. Many times it is best to ask your question here in the forum first. Unfortunately, it is a system that they are constantly changing without any notice or instruction.

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like there is a technical issue.

I have a minimum one day notice, and don't get bookings inside of that time.

What did Airbnb say when you talked to them about it.

Obviously this shouldn't county as a host decline or cancellation. 

Hi, It does seem like a technical issue that they don't know about, Airbnb said that i should turn off the instant book, i pointed out that with 48hrs notice and over the  instant book works without problem, under 48hrs and the instant book doesn't work and i'm emailed about a potential booking,  i have the choice to accpet or decline the booking, if i can accomodate at short notice then i will,  they still think the instant book works at all times. I had to decline the last 3 enquiries as one was 3 hrs notice and the others 12hrs which i can do, so i'm just thretened with suspension. I've never declined a booking over the 48hr notice period.They shouldn't give us these options and then threaten us when we just do what we say.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sean382  check the box indicated below is not ticked.

Untitled3.png

As Jeff said ... UNCHECK that little box!

Thanks but doesn't that mean that i'll have to accept or decline all bookings? Again if they only give me 12 or 24 hrs notice then i'll still have to decline them and still get threatened with suspension.

Thanks Jeff, i'll take a look but as we said 2 days notice is needed if someone books 2 days or more in advance then it's instant book without problem ,  if it's under 2 days then it won't instant book, we're notified about any enquiry by email and we then have the option to accept or decline.

We only get reservation requests when it's within the 48hr notice.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Sean382 

You are getting reservation requests within 48 hours because that little box is checked. If you uncheck that box you will not get any requests or bookings within 48 hours. Your calendar will be blocked with no option to request to book. Right now, you are ALLOWING guests to send reservation requests within the 48 hour window (as the box says.)

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

A thumbs up for @Emilia42  for sorting you out @Sean382 

Thanks Emilia, so if i uncheck the box, my calender is blocked, so i won't get any bookings but will i still get bookings before the 48 hrs?

@Sean382   Correct.

Guests can always contact you to ask questions about your calendar but those are only inquires and do not need to be pre-approved or declined. So it will not affect your status (unless you ignore them and do not respond.) 

Thansk but struggling to find the advance notice bit

Just found it thanks

Why can't they help and advise us without threatening emails, it wouldn't have taken much for them to see if i'd got any settings wrong which may be causing a conflict, it's not the easiest website in the world to use.