Payment receipt language

Benedikt25
Level 4
Nuremberg, Germany

Payment receipt language

Hello,

I'm facing the problem that I need a payment receipt (for a stay in the US) in English language but parts of the generated PDF always end up in German language.

On the bottom of the Airbnb webpage my language preference is set to English, default currency is USD, and everything on the webpage is displaying in English. Are there any other language settings to be changed in order to obtain the receipt in English language?

Thanks for your help.

35 Replies 35

It works!! Thanks!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It actually worked! 🙂 

Thanks a million, Jody!!

life saving, a small tip that the code is the confirmation code not the code on the receipt

Nguyễn22
Level 1
Osaka, JP

IT`s workeddddd thanksss

Ken346
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

To fix or change the language in the VAT invoice.

Not sure if this will work for everyone after the fact. However, it is worth a try and at least explains why the invoice is in a different language.

When you log in to your account you have to make sure to log in through the .com version of the Airbnb website for english (or to your countries version of the website, such as .uk; .au; .cn, etc.) to get it to translate from the onset to your accounts default language, before you print out the PDF. 

Often times when you travel to another country or find a listing in another country,  the URL ending on the website can change from a .com to that listings local area URL - such .cn if it is in China. This changes the language or prompts you to log in again through that regions website URL.

So, if you have already made your reservation, you may have to log out, clear you history and cache, then log in to the www.airbnb.com website first then go about printing your PDF.

You can use the instructions in this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/438/where-do-i-find-my-vat-invoice 

If your accounts preferred language is set correctly, and it still does not work, you may be able to use a PDF language translator. Here is one of the available website that provide this service: https://smallpdf.com/blog/translate-pdf

I hope this is helpful.