No payout received after guests cancelled

Belinda51
Level 1
Perth, Australia

No payout received after guests cancelled

just had a cancellation for 3 days stay but i have a strict cancellation policy but no payout fronm airbnb of 50% as apparently guests had not paid

why does airbnb block dates and take a booking when guests had not paid any money ???

its crazy

i received an email sayng there was a problem in getting funds but then i received the booking confirmation and the dates blocked

so i thought they must have received money and all ok

i have been turning away bookings from another site thinking i had a confirmed booking !!!!!!

does this mean i could have my calender blocked from bookings through airbnb and no customers at the end as can just cancel !!!

really not a good system by airbnb

i am trying to run a business .

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Belinda51  I am floored by what you are reporting.   I suggest you start your own discussion thread so your issue does not get buried in this old thread.  The fundamental basis of the host/Air BNB contract is the booking and fee collection.  It appears to me that the automated system made a mistake by allowing the reservation to be confirmed without having collected the funds.  I am not sure of what you could do, but start with speaking with Air BNB.  Most of  the Australian hosts report the Australian customer service is very good and responsive.  In case you don't have the number handy - +61 2 8520 3333

Let us know how this turns out.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Belinda51,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with this cancellation - as you and @Linda108 said, the fund should have been taken at the time of booking. I would also suggest that you contact Airbnb about this. Linda's given you a number you can call, this Community Help Guide also explains how to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion, as Linda said, and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it!

I hope you can get this resolved soon

Kirstie