Getting more bookings - why is my listing not attracting?

Abhijeeta0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Getting more bookings - why is my listing not attracting?

Hi there

I don't understand why my listing is not attracting guests particularly in the run up to Easter holidays.  I seem to get more interest in my 'whole flat' listing but this is usually for the maximum number of guests (7) that the house can accommodate and not for fewer no. guests.  

I just searched and t doesn't come up in the search results when I search for the exact location with fewer no. guests than the maximum.  Why is that?  I have a beautiful home, in a beautiful place and I know it has been popular before.  Is there something I need to tweak? 

I find it strange that no-one has enquired for the Easter holidays at all - not for the whole house or just a room. 

I am going away 31st March for a whole week, which would be the perfect time to rent it out.

Can someone help please?  

thank you

Abhijeeta

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Abhijeeta0

Hi - here are a few thoughts that may help...

as as you have very limited availability your place will not show up (or will every low down) if a guest does a general search without dates, number of people etc.

second - in a general search it will come up at £168 per. Ugh this, which will feel high. What about a lower base price to attract say 3 people then an 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Abhijeeta0

Sorry this in two parts...

Then an increased price for each extra person. It would make your place seem more attractive price wise to smaller groups.

Finally - your place looks lovely but I don't think your pictures do it justice. Quite a few are dark etc. I'd take this opportunity in a sunny morning or afternoon and refresh your photos.

hope tha helps

That's great. thank you! Abhijeeta