Need advice that would help. Host lied about important thing

Gio3793
Level 2
Philippines

Need advice that would help. Host lied about important thing

Host lied about his building’s policy not allowing non residents in. Prior to requesting to book, i messaged the host if guests are allowed in because of the pandemic and if there would be paperwork/medical certs needed upon entry and was assured that its not needed. I proceeded to book it and he accepted it. Fast forward to me heading to the listing , i called the host’s caretaker that im almost at the address and meeting her for the key. She was rude first of all. And shocked when she said that its all up to me on how i will walk past security. Everything just turned to level 10 crazy from here. The listing’s owner is not based in manila. So he has local cohosts/point person. I was given directions to ignore security check. That If i get stopped by security,  tell them that i’m not an airbnb guest. Host and the rest of his looney gang gave me a bunch of plans how to get in the building. I was not having it already and front desk approached me sensing the stress im in. So, i told her what happened and she said that all unit owners and property managers were properly informed about the no non residents poilicy. Confirmed and exceeded liar for me. At this point, they all declined my calls and zero response. Right after the caretaker’s statement, i asked for host to cancel And he wont and insist on me doing it which i know would make me not eligible for a full refund. But, what to do about it when airbnb isnt responding too... so i’m out in the street during a community quarantine without nowhere else to go... i kept trying to contact airbnb and host and it was past 10pm already (hit the streets looking for places 3pm) and a kond and nice rep is looking for a listing that would let me in. Zero. She told me to look outside airbnb listings that would let me stay and i would get reimbursed. Found one and reimbursement started its process. The place i found will only accept people who had a negative on a rapid test. There was a clinic nearby who does it so i went there and paid 3500php for it. Reimbursement and refund is processing but in resolution center, i asked payment from the host for it but i was only allowed to ask upto 1,370php..(i wouldve asked for 3500 but, bummer.) So i asked a different representative about how this work, and i was told by a new representative who took my case that resolution center is only for active and successful bookings. This is waiting for host’s response status already when representative stated that @Airbnb would not intervene with it anymore.

Such buffoonery.

Currently waiting for a decision on resolution center. Hope it turns out well

1 Reply 1
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gio3793 

Sorry, where is the listing that you were not able to stay?

Where are you traveling from?

There are different rules in place for different places. Please let us know

thank you!