My payment is less than it should be

Susan203
Level 1
Craignure, United Kingdom

My payment is less than it should be

I have received two payments where it is slightly less than it should be. One occasion was at the beginning of June and the other occasion was today. In between these payments I have received the correct payment and today I also received the correct payment in relation to another guest. I have two rooms. Has this happened to someone else?

6 Replies 6
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

Do you think these two instances might explain your discrepancies? 

From airbnb terms of service https://www.airbnb.com/terms

Foreign Currency

Airbnb's online platform facilitates bookings between Guests and Hosts who may prefer to pay in a currency different from their destination currency, which may require foreign currency conversions to accommodate these differing currency preferences. Although the Airbnb platform allows users to view the price of Listings in a number of currencies, the currencies available for users to make and receive payments may be limited, and may not include the default currency in any given geographic location.

Details regarding currency conversion, including any associated fees, are detailed in the Payments Terms.

Rounding Off

Airbnb may, in its sole discretion, round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to Guests or Hosts to the nearest whole functional base unit in which the currency is denominated (e.g. to the nearest dollar, euro or other supported currency); for example, Airbnb will round up an amount of $101.50 to $102.00, and $101.49 to $101.00.

Some currencies are denominated in large numbers. In those cases, Airbnb may determine the functional base unit in which those currencies are denominated to be 10, 100 or 1,000 of the currency; the corresponding examples for such currencies would be for Airbnb to round up an amount of 1,045 up to 1,050 and 1,044 down to 1,040, or 35,450 up to 35,500 and 35,449 down to 35,400, or 837,500 up to 838,000 and 837,499 down to 837,000.

Susanne42
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi.

I have just switched to being paid directly into my bank account. I have a 2 month client in one of my apartments at present. Payoneer transferred the first months money into my account but the second and final payment for the client stated they would pay in x but paid me less than it said they would. I emailed payoneer and they replied that I must contact airbnb directly. Can't find anything to help me clarify why. Anyone out there able to advise me?

Sus from South Africa

@Susanne42

So you are paid substaintially less than you would have with rounding up and conversion rate fluctuation? Other than airbnb customer service, there is nobody to help you on this forum. We are hosts just like you. 

Karen131
Level 7
Rhodes, Greece

Hi. I've had this happen a lot this year. I had put it down to bank charges. However, my latest pay out is in fact 65 pounds short. I phoned AirBnB and was told by the operative that how Air BnB makes even MORE money is that they move the money unnecessarily, in this case, up to three times in order to make more money. The direct quote was: "This is how Air BnB make their money". So, what should be  a 50 pound per night apartment, I am actually only receiving 26 pounds a night for. Making the whole experience a) financially not worthwhile and b) deeply disappointing considering how much effort I personally go to to make my guests happy and therefore enhance Air BnB's reputation.

With over 3 million properties worldwide this seems both greedy and churlish. My only recourse now is to put up my rates and remove all discounts.

Sara7275
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

I was supposed to get paid 350 euros, i got 311 euros. anyone can explain this? the guest paid 433 euros.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sara7275 what does the guest's itinerary say you should get paid. If this says 350 then are there any banking fees to be accounted for? Final thought is that it is the last part of a refund for a previous guest. Have you had any guests refunded money recently?  If not then it is a call to Airbnb I am afraid to get them to investigate.