My account has been restricted and I need help

Steve3528
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

My account has been restricted and I need help

My account is restricted due to being believed to being associated to a individual they asked of me to write a letter and state that I I'm not associated with this person which I have done I emailed them and told them everything they requested of me that I am not associated with this person I tried contacting Airbnb customer support but it seems like it's a call-center and they just forward the messages to the right department this department which I'm trying to locate or get in contact with is not answering my emails to be fair they did send me a email requesting that I need to send them the letter that they requested and I have replied to that email several times I have multiple properties and multiple mortgages along with those properties I have done nothing wrong or illegal to break any Airbnb loss I repeat I have done nothing wrong or illegal to break any of Airbnb's laws so I ask of the community to help me resolve the situation I have no clue of where to begin I tried contacting them but my account is still restricted please help

8 Replies 8
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Steve3528 Honestly, I have no clue what you’re talking about. Who is they and who is them? If you want help from the forum, you have to be clearer, specific and descriptive, and no rambling. 

Sorry, if I wasn’t clear, Airbnb has restricted my account for unknown reasons to me I need help in restoring my account. I have tried to reach out to Airbnb, but no luck.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Steve3528 We are only hosts like you and cannot help except to assist with maybe clarifying a few rules or offering some approaches that you could take in maybe sorting stuff for you a little more quickly . so , who is this 'individual ' and what is he/you supposed to have done to your guest or at one of your properties?.H

Airbnb has restricted my account and that’s exactly what I need an opinion on what to do next to restore my account I have not done anything wrong or broken any laws from Airbnb, but I received a letter from Airbnb saying that due to association with a person that I prefer not to be named in this conversation, they (Airbnb) told me if I wish to reinstate my account to write a letter saying that I will not allow or facilitate this person (shall not be named )to control or be at my listings , which I have done so already  in order for my account to be restored

my guess is due to this person that I prefer not to name in this conversation I believe Airbnb has restricted my account because of it

I would like to take this moment to reassure that I have not done anything wrong with this person in order for my account to be restricted

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Steve3528 

Sorry, your situation is still not clear enough for anyone to be able to offer advice. I understand you do not want to name this person, and you do not need to, but could you not explain what exactly happened and what relation this person has to your listing, without naming them?

That is exactly what I’m asking myself It is unclear as to why Airbnb has restricted my account. Like I said it could be because of this person that I don’t want to name, but I am positive. It has nothing to do with me in my account. I have not done anything at all. 

@Steve3528 You don’t have to name this person, but we still don’t know how airbnb got this person’s name and why would they ask you to acknowledge that you will not associate with him/her unless something bad happened at your STR. Even you say you have made this acknowledgment to airbnb. So even if you have not personally done anything wrong, it is obvious the unnamed person has done something wrong!

So, let me be very clear. As a guest, I absolutely, positively, would not want to stay at a STR where airbnb is stating emphatically that you the host must acknowledge that there is no contact or affiliation with a certain person or this person has no control or can be at your STR. For all guests’ safety, it is best that your account is restricted until this is sorted out. So you just have to wait it out until airbnb gives the green light. 

EDIT

I just viewed your profile. You have 11 listings—most with below 4.7 ratings—and 3 reviews in September were awful: dirty, dead bugs, broken appliance, etc. So now I’m wondering if this unnamed person is/was a cohost. 

@Steve3528  The sheer volume of negative reviews your listing had in the last few months alone would normally be enough to get your listings suspended. But while those terrible reviews consistently mention some specific problems with condition of the homes and their amenities, they don't name a person other than you as a responsible party.

Was this alleged person who shall not be named involved with your listings (as a Co-host, for example) at the time that many of your guests complained?