More guest info before accepting a booking

Hellen8
Level 2
Vasse, Australia

More guest info before accepting a booking

I have just received a request from a couple that have no information about them.  There is no Profile picture or surname.  It's for 7 days.  The alarm bells rang with the fact they have no reviews and it's during schoolies week. 

Not sure how to proceed.  Any suggestions gratefully received 🙂

Cheers

Hellen

4 Replies 4
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Not unusual. I book a few of these every season. Ask them to post a picture so that you can know that they're the guest and not the burglar. When people book you don't get to see their last name until after you accept. Are they "verified" yet?

Hi Pete,  Thanks for your response, good to know. 

No, they haven't been verified.  I think I will do what Sandra suggested and ask a few questions 🙂

All the best

Cheers

Hellen

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Hellen8 🙂

I get newbie request now and then where the profile is empty/not verified. I always ask the guest to please fill out the profile /verify the profile. You can also ask the guest a couple of questions and it will usually tell what kind of guests they are. Many newbies seems to not understand airbnb and that they need to write a bit about themselves. When it comes to profile pictures it is no longer possible to see it before the request is confirmed. It is to prevent discrimination.

Best, Sandra 

Hi Sandra, Thanks for the input.  I will follow with your suggestion.

All the best

Cheers

Hellen