Looking for shelter - any idea will be very welcome

Beberly0
Level 1
Guatemala City, Guatemala

Looking for shelter - any idea will be very welcome

Hi community!

Hope each of you is doing great. I will keep it short as possible. Back in December, I was fortunate to get to LA from Guatemala with my 4 years old lil one (who is recovering from autism) and 7 months pregnant. The father got mad and didn't want his family to find out about the pregnancy, he threatened us and then hired people to actually kill us. I got the money for the tickets and we arrived as tourists. As I brought the complaints to the police, a lawyer said we can request asylum. We just need the down payment to start the case. A nice aunt gave us shelter until tonight since she needs the space as she works as a Foster Mother. Tomorrow we will go to LA and I haven't found a place to stay. I'm borrowing money to get an apartment in a week. I have look for shelters yet they request a legal status or no other children. I have seen the messages and articles about the amazing campaign #weaccept. It seems to me that there is not a program in Airbnb for my situation. Still, I thought about writing you as you may have ideas or suggestions for me to find a place to stay for a week.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There has been no feedback I have seen regarding #weaccept, no harm contacting AirBnB and seeing what they will do.

I do not understand the basis of the Asylum claim, but that is beyond the scope of this forum, I do not know how AirBnB decide on who falls within the scope of #weaccept.

David
Beberly0
Level 1
Guatemala City, Guatemala

Thank you for your reply and time, David!

All the best ^_^,

Beberly