Long Term Guest, dates not yet booked on Calendar - someone else booked in meantime

Susan1403
Level 2
Lytham Saint Annes, United Kingdom

Long Term Guest, dates not yet booked on Calendar - someone else booked in meantime

The long term guest has already booked with me for a  few days starting a new job  in the area.  He is waiting his shift pattern so that I an update calendar to accommodate him. 

Do the penalties still apply to me if I cancel the booking made today as firstly I have made him aware there could be a problem and secondly it is not reqired until March.

I have only been registered with Airbnb for about a month so I'm quite new to the correct procedure and implications.

Would very much appreciate your advices

Kind Regards

Sue **

Lytham/Lancashire

United Kingdom

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hope this helps - @Susan1403 - always block off your calendar for periods where there is uncertainty 

Good luck

Hosts who have Instant Book turned on for their listing can always cancel, without penalty, if they’re uncomfortable with a reservation.

Some examples of when a host can cancel penalty-free include:

• The guest has several unfavourable reviews that concern the host
  • The guest hasn’t responded to questions the host needs to know about their trip
  • The guest makes it clear they’ll likely break one of the host’s house rules, like bringing a pet or smoking
Canceling a reservation without penalty

To cancel a reservation that you’re uncomfortable with:

1. Go to Your Reservations on airbnb.com
  2. Find the reservation that you need to cancel
  3. Select Change or Cancel to start the cancellation process
  4. When prompted to choose a reason for your cancellation, choose “I’m uncomfortable with the reservation or the guest has broken my House Rules”.

When you cancel for this reason, all penalties will be waived.

Limits

You’ll be able to cancel online 3 times in one year for being uncomfortable with a reservation—after that, you’ll have to call into our Community Support team to make the cancellation without penalty.

If you cancel a large number of your instantly booked reservations, you may be required to turn off Instant Book. Remember, you can’t cancel for any reason that violates Airbnb’s Nondiscrimination Policy.

Susan1403
Level 2
Lytham Saint Annes, United Kingdom

Thank you so much, found most helpful

Sue **

Lytham, Lancashire

United Kingdom