Late check out charges?

Valerie141
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Late check out charges?

Hello all,

Before guest's arrival about 2 days ago, I texted her for asking of check in/out estimated and she said she will do the check out at 8PM. I noticed her that check out as house rules at 12:00PM however she can leave her luggages which is packed and return the housekey.

Yesterday, I texted her once again about the check out time, return the key , pack and leave her bags (if she wants), she didn't reply. This morning, she left all her stuffs at our place withour packing, went out early with the house key. I already text her twice to come back for doing checking out because we will have guests today. However, still hear nothing from her!

What should I do? Can I do the extra-charge for late check out on airbnb? 

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You can certainly request a late check-out fee from her through the Resolution Center, but she can decline paying it.  You will have no recourse with Airbnb to collect the deposit because there is nothing in your House Rules or listing regarding a late check-out fee.  You can't just arbitrarily after the fact decide there's a fee.  Definitely note it in your review of this guest.

Hello Cynthia & Chris, 

Thanks for your answer. I definetely add extra-charge in the house rules now. All previous guests observed the house rule pretty well, and politely ask for our permission. Even now, she hasn't came back yet.