Issue with a cancellation

Robin84
Level 1
Twin Falls, ID

Issue with a cancellation

I was trying to contact AirBnB directly because I have an issue with how they are handling a cancellation.  I had a guest inquire with specific dates, and I accepted his reservation.  Within an hour he messaged me back to change those dates, which I did.  Then a couple days later he wanted to cancel because he thought my condo was in an adjacent complex.  When he found out I wasn't in that complex he wanted to cancel.  He said when he tried to cancel (his reservation was for July) he was told that he would only get 50% back.  With my cancellation policy he should have gotten 100% back.  So upon his request I cancelled for him.  Now AirBnB has blocked those dates and is punishing me.  What can I do?  -Robin, Sun Valley, Idaho

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Not really the topic but you should never cancel without ABB agreement as nasty things happen to you. Blocked booking, no Supperhost for a year and a penalty.

Cal ABB and plead ignorance?

David
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Robin84,

I would agree with @David126 that your best option is to contact Airbnb and hope that they may waive the penalties for cancelling. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to contact them. 

Just to let you know, I have moved your post and reply out of the thread where it was slightly off-topic - it will be easier to find and track here. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you would like to change it!

Kirstie