I declined a 4 reservations as I was out of town

I declined a 4 reservations as I was out of town

I am no longer recieving requests to reserve even though I am not available to take reservations. i beieve air bnb put some type of block on my account. how can i resolve this

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jeff153

Jeff - your listings are live and people can book...if you are out of town and unable to reply to reservation requests then you are better off using the snooze setting while you are unable to access the site to reply to requests. Not replying to requests will mean you are listed further down any searches.

I hope you don't mind me adding the following as I think this is the real reason you are not getting bookings:

Your photos are very poor - just two, and one of them is of an unmade bed. I would get some good photos as right now it does not come across as a luxury condo. The main picture is some plastic chairs and a table and not a great photo when you look at your competition in your surrounding area. It's not inviting at all - and the view seems to be of a car park. I am sure it is much better than this in real life.

Finally, you have no reviews, so you will come way down the list as you are competing against established hosts with good reviews.

(Also - how do you sleep five guests: you say 1 bed, 1 futon and 1 dining table...is that an error? Not sure many people would like to sleep on a dining table)

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

For some reason the photos remind me of The Office.

Also intrigued how you sleep 5?

David
Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

Hi Jeff,  where is your profile, the basic description of the space, info on the area, the luxury, the view, the kitchen, the bathroom, etc? I agree with @Gerry-And-Rashid0 that you need to get real pictures.  Toss the ones you have.  Nobody except a person coming to interact with the buzzing college scene would book someplace with a photo of a messy bed.  Not trying to be harsh here but sometimes a little tough love is a good thing. And I am sure you would like to make money.

Also, you say you will greet the guests at the door but will not be staying there.  Will the guests have the apartment to themselves?  If so, then you can list it as a whole house.  Good luck.