Hosting

Lana33
Level 1
Avon Lake, OH

Hosting

Can someone please tell me if I will receive a fee and what the fee is for not accepting a full reservation, instead modified it.

I am instant book, which was not clear that someone could just book without approval or any conversation from me.

I modified the reservation and this reservation is 2 months in advance.

I changed the settings to NOT RECEIVE INSTANT BOOK. 

Will I incur fees in anyway.  I thought this would be my choice.

Thanks

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Lana33

In your case as a new listing I think you are best to call AirBnB and plead ignorance, be prepared for a long wait, new host did not realise IB was on what it was and see if AirBnB will cancel.

David
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lana33 if you made a change to reservation and your guest accepted that change then everything is OK and you will not have any consequences

But, if your guest doesn't accept the change and request you to cancel then you will be punished with 50$ fee, blocked dates, not being able to get superhost status for a year and in your reviews will appear message: host canceled the reservation. That is not good.

You can contact ABB and explain that you are new and have no experience etc... so maybe they will cancel. You can contact ABB in several ways explaned here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

or.... if you know some other host near you, you can ask him if he has free apartment/room and if he has and your guest agree than you can relocate your guest and pay for his accomodation to your neighbour.

Wow.   Thank you soooo so much for the help.    I have noticed, my using the app to update does not sync properly if later that same day I log in on a laptop to go to the site.  I have had some confusion and questions especially about financial responsibility.

I am greeting my first guests today - their stay is for 2 weeks.   

Again, thank you.  I will call.

Regards.

Lana