I am owed a refund which hasn't arrived, can't contact AirBnB

Steve232
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

I am owed a refund which hasn't arrived, can't contact AirBnB

A host in Japan cancelled my reservation and AirBnB emailed me to say I would receive a refund. A couple of days later, an item appeared on my credit card statement identfied as 'AirBnB' but with no amount attached and no details. After a couple of days, this item simply disappeared. I am guessing it was my refund but was somehow messed up.

Now I need to contact AirBnB to find out what went wrong and ask how to get my refund but, as growing numbers of people complain, there seems to be no way to penetrate the opaque walls of the secret AirBnB empire. I have spent two days trying to find contact details, with no success.

Does anybody on here know how I can let AirBnB know that my refund is still outstanding?

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Contact details are listed here under Comminity Help or a quick google.

David

Hi David. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I keep going round in circles trying to find an email contact address or online form. I first go to the 'Help' section as you suggest, but from there my only option seems to be to type in a question and look to see if it has been answered previously (it hasn't) or, on some other page I found while wandering around the dimly-lit AirBnB Labyrinth, there was an option to seek a refund but only for a live booking, not cancelled bookings.

Because my issue is slightly complicated (refund acknowledged, mysterious item on credit card which subsequently disappeared, nothing since), I really need to talk to a human or at least have the opportunity to converse by email.

Cheers, Steve

There is not an email option, twitter may be best, you can wait a long time when you call.

David
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

facebook or twitter

Steve232
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Thanks Diane. I have so far managed to avoid Twitter, but will give Facebook a go. Frankly, I'm apalled by this - why is it so hard to contact AirBnb when you have a problem?

Cheers, Steve

Steve232
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Following the kind advice above, I posted my query on Facebook and received a response a day or so later, providing a contact number in Australia. My query was dealt with efficiently, though now it seems I have to take the matter up with my bank. Aaaagh!