How to unblock dates AirBnB unjustifiably blocked

Katrina150
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

How to unblock dates AirBnB unjustifiably blocked

Dear AirBnB,

I am in the process of communicating with a guest who has requested a booking and the process is taking longer than 24 hours and now AirBnB have blocked my calendar for their requested dates.

They are looking for multiple rooms and I needed to ascertain their credibility and requirement as they have no reviews and come from a country where I and other AirBnB owners in my building have had a bad experience.

We have now qualified this guest and ready to proceed with giving them an offer and because 24 hours has passed, AirBnB arbitrarily blocked the calendar.

This is extremely unreasonable as AirBnB can see we have been actively engaging this past 24 hours to come to a resolution and I am even sharing details of other AirBnB rooms in the building that don't belong to me in order to assist the guest to fulfill their entire booking requirement.

AirBnB cannot just step in and block dates in this ignorant manner.

I request you immediately unblock my dates so that we can proceed to booking the reservation.

3 Replies 3

Hi Katrina , This happened to me when i frist started hosting.

My calendar was blocked due to someones payment not being proccessed all the way.

What i did was call airbnb directly and told them the situation and they fixed it right away and unblocked my calendar. They also contacted the person to see if he was still going to book and he confirmed NO.

Therefore i had space for someone else to book that night luckly.

Just reach out to them, they should be able to help you 🙂

+61 2 8520 3333. This seems to be the number for australia.

Thank you Tati, I will give the number a try