How to give a tip about horrible customer support reps

Answered!

How to give a tip about horrible customer support reps

Hi Everyone, 

I assume this is something that almost all hosts face. Some customer support representatives are really easy to deal with, they really help to solve the issues. While some others are just here to clock in and out from their work and most of the time don't even listen or read to the issue. Is there any way to report those type of representatives so that they won't cause more issues for more airbnb users, except tagging @Catherine-Powell here each time?

1 Best Answer

Hi All,

I see there has been quite a bit feedback regarding our Airbnb Community Support team and I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. All of these comments are shared directly with our CS leadership team.

Please feel free to also submit feedback using this link.

Many thanks,
Catherine

@AZ-Housing0 @Huma0 @Gwen386 @M199 @Sudsrung0 

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@AZ-Housing0 

I can only positive things about CS at Airbnb in the few time I have had to deal with them, 

They have been on my side each time,

One time when a guest damaged my cooker which was only 3 months old it was resolved and paid within 2 weeks.

I think you also have to look at the other side, I dont think I could do that job listening to moaning whining host and guest all day and everyday, 

Thank you but you only have 1 property. We manage portfolio of over 30 properties 🙂 Means more work and more problems 🙂

@AZ-Housing0 So you’re a business, not an individual sharing his/her STR experience with CS.  It doesn’t matter whether a host has 1 property or more, @Sudsrung0  shared her positive experience.  

And you’re right, more properties mean more work, more problems. So how many times have you contacted CS on each property to discuss a problem where you tagged Catherine Powell for lacking CS and it worked? Trying to quantify it. 

I do recall one harrowing experience you had where the community rallied around you, but are you saying you have had many negative customer service ecoeriences. 

I guess 3 or 4 times out of 100 cases.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@AZ-Housing0 

That's not bad at all actually by Airbnb standards. Every time I contact CS, I anticipate that I'm more likely to have a negative experience than a positive one. 

When I first started hosting, I had nothing but positive experiences with CS, but I'd say that since the pandemic started, it's been the opposite. 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@AZ-Housing0 

No, and tagging management is not going to get you ahead. Customer service is outsourced, I have read.

There are enough comments and complaints on the discussions boards and rarely a response.

Just search the community (above) for  "customer service" or scroll through the Help section.

Well, it actually worked each time.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@M199 

@M199 wrote:

No, and tagging management is not going to get you ahead.

Perhaps it's different if you have 30 listings! 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@AZ-Housing0 

I've not come across a way to report customer service reps. I have occasionally been asked by Airbnb to give feedback following an interaction with CS, but very rarely. In all but one case, this was when the issue was a simple one and resolved very quickly and satisfactorily. Most companies these days are constantly asking for feedback on CS, but not Airbnb.

I have also tried in vain to find a complaints department at Airbnb. It seems truly bizarre to me that a company this size doesn't have one (even much smaller companies usually have at least one person responsible with dealing with complaints). Who knows if it exists or not, but I've never come across any contact details nor read anyone else mention being able to reach a complaints department. 

Guys again, I love airbnb, this was an opportunity of a lifetime for many of us. I am not complaining. I am just saying it would've been awesome if we would've get a survey each time, not once in a while. Most of CS reps are really cool, sometimes they are not, that happens rear, but happens.

Hi All,

I see there has been quite a bit feedback regarding our Airbnb Community Support team and I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. All of these comments are shared directly with our CS leadership team.

Please feel free to also submit feedback using this link.

Many thanks,
Catherine

@AZ-Housing0 @Huma0 @Gwen386 @M199 @Sudsrung0 

Actually that link has all possible feedbacks except about CS, just so you know. There is no option to give feedback about CS with that link.