Host sent website link accidentally block by airbnb

Answered!
Indra7
Level 2
Jakarta, Indonesia

Host sent website link accidentally block by airbnb

Hy there, 

I'm asking my host to suggest me some interesting places in Thailand, and she accidentally sent me a website link in the messaging room in airbnb, and a few days later, airbnb sent me an email that told me that my host is against the policy of airbnb since she sent me the website link.

I couldnt reach her anymore and the message history has been removed by airbnb, can anyone help me to solve this problem? It is also difficult to give a clarification to airbnb about this situation.

1 Best Answer

@Indra7 Go to the Home page of this Community Center.  Then click on Get Support.  You will see a link to the Community Help guides.  Within the guides you will see a link to Contact Airbnb.  That help guide will describe all the ways you can reach out to Airbnb.   🙂

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Indra7  Airbnb prohibits guests and hosts from sending weblinks, email addresses and phone numbers in messages prior to a confirmed reservation.  This is a fraud prevention measure to protect both hosts and guests.  

While the link the host sent you was likely  innocently sent to inform you of interesting places in Thailand, Airbnb's system will recognize web links and delete them.

Once your reservation is confirmed, the host will be able to send web links and other information through Airbnb's messaging system. 

I hope this helps explain!

Hy @Clare0,

Thank you for your explanation. My bookings is already confirmed and im having conversation via airbnb messaging room with my host and she sent me website link that I think she also didnt know that it violate the airbnb policy. How to fix this?

How to contact airbnb so that i can explain to them about this mistake?

Thanks you again for your help.

Best regards.

@Indra7 Go to the Home page of this Community Center.  Then click on Get Support.  You will see a link to the Community Help guides.  Within the guides you will see a link to Contact Airbnb.  That help guide will describe all the ways you can reach out to Airbnb.   🙂

Dear @Clare0,

Thank you so much for your kind help, I have managed to contact them.

Best regards 🙂

@Indra7 So what was the response from Airbnb?  We'd all like to know!

Airbnb1.JPG

That is the reply, but my host cant reach the link that Will gave to me..

Airbnb2.JPG

And that is the reply fron airbnb help center

Still waiting for the progress from my host