Host is convicted felon & recently out of prison...can I report them to Airbnb?

Jen277
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Host is convicted felon & recently out of prison...can I report them to Airbnb?

I am aware of a Host that is a felon & recently out of a 4 year prison stay and currently on probation.  They are an active host.  Can I report them to Airbnb so guest know? It’s not a safe environment for the guest. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jen277  If you personally know this person and consider them a danger, even though they've done their time, then yes, I'd report it. I don't know how Airbnb would view someone hosting who's actually on probation, but if I were a guest, I'd not want to unknowingly be in a situation like that. 

I'd be particularly concerned if they were a sex offender, who have very high rates of reoffending.  

Jen277
Level 2
San Diego, CA

It's an uncomfortable position to be in when having this information.   They beat up an elderly woman but not convicted of it because they were already in prison for another offense.  

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Jen277if you do go ahead and report the host, I would make sure there is no possible way they can guess that you reported them.  For instance, if you are the only one in the area who would have knowledge of them being on probation, then that would be very easy for them to figure out.  Just be very cautious!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jen277 I really don't think that ABB does much with anyone who is "reported". You'd probably get more traction reaching out to law enforcement