Reviews

Stuart165
Level 2
Bedford, United Kingdom

Reviews

Does a review by a guest appear even if I don't write a review of them or do both the guest and the host have to write a review for it to appear?

I assume the guest review appears anyway.

I've just had two guests leave after 2 weeks and two days of a four week stay and on the 15th day they complained and wanted all their money back. This was despite me meeting the guests (120 miles from my home) to ensure that had a smooth entrance, two sets of keys and to answer any questions. I took them into the apartment and went thro' key points and explained that my cleaner would ring to arrange a visit to bring fresh towels and linen. After their first day I made contact to check they wer okay and had settled in; they said yes. Two weeks later I contacted them again and it was then that they first said they were enjoying their stay and what followed was a list of complaints. I contacted SAirbnb to explain what had happened.

The guests are now demanding all their money back. I have replied that their criticisms were unfounded.

I suspect that their review, unlike any others, will be very critical.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stuart165 

Every review written will be published, or at date the time limit (14 days)has expired or directly after  both reviews are written. But you can leave a comment on a review, it is recommended when the review is unfair, so potential guests can  also see the other party's opinion.

Best regards,

Emiel

Stuart165
Level 2
Bedford, United Kingdom

Many thanks Emiel. It's as I thought. Cheers, Stuart