Help with future bookings in CALENDAR! Renter cannot book past DEC 31st 2018!

Debbie--Local-Hosts-Cher0
Level 1
California, United States

Help with future bookings in CALENDAR! Renter cannot book past DEC 31st 2018!

I followed these instructions! https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/447/how-do-i-make-dates-available-or-blocked-on-my-calendar?q=cu...

BUT THE SAVE BUTTON DOES NOT WORK!!! CANNOT CLICK SAVE for some reason! I edited everything in AVAILABILITY ALSO and made sure nothing would block those dates! see the SAVE button is 'grayed' out! will not let me hit SAVE!

I tried another browser and same thing happened. I did notice that if i click on BLOCK then the SAVE BUTTON WORKS which tells me IT ALREADY IS AVAILABLE?? But then why can't I or them go that far to choose those dates??

OMGOSH!!! FINALLY HIT THE SPECIAL OFFER BUTTON!!! THEN I WAS ABLE TO CHOOSE THE DATES! BUT WHY COULDN'T THE RENTER CHOOSE THOSE DATES???

2018-11-07 08_34_23-Start.png

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I looked at your listing and all dates in 2019 are available for booking.

So the guest is probably making a mistake. On the other hand: the picture shows me the dates are available, so the save button is greyed because nothing has changed ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

yes, it is already available and that is why you can't save it again , you can block days and then save.

when you block days then they turn gray.

I tried and I can book any date in your calendar, even next year

One tip, off topic... remove brackets from your profile name so people can tag you here on CC. With brackets tagging is impossible.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

My calendar view is all messed up since this week's additional 'improvements'...it only shows a single week at a glance and no way I can find to get a month view.  SO annoying! 

Did you know there's a phone number you can actually call AirBnB? I found it at the end of a booking request email!! Try this: 855-424-7262 , or 415 800 5959

I finally figured out how to by pass my issue with SPECIAL OFFER which I can choose the dates/prices. But also had to change under AVAILABILITY to no limitations how far out they can book!  Hope you figure it out soon! 🙂

Airbnb phone numbers are actually listed in a huge post near the top of this Help forum. I'm not sure how people manage to miss it. Also, you can find all the phone numbers with a simple Google search.

It's not worth calling about, because chance they will fix it, is zero, it is very annoying though, that the calendar now for me is virtually unusable.

I think most people assume a company like airbnbn would have their toll free number somewhere easy to find on their own web site, not having to find this forum, or go google it, ya know?  It gives the impression they are hoping naive people will give up, and I think many do.  

@Mark116  Oh, I'm sure that's exactly why they make their phone numbers pretty much unfindable on their site. In other words, the impression is the reality.