Has anyone used Leavy.co in London?

Answered!
Elizaveta7
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Has anyone used Leavy.co in London?

Hi everyone! I've seen a few ads around and I'm curious if anyone has actually used Leavy? They say they pay regardless of occupancy and have no management fees. Sounds great, but is it actually true? Has anybody used them?

1 Best Answer

Horrible company & ethics especially hosts ie homeowners need to stay away. They break their promise (“ie guaranteed rent”) and contract. I was lucky enough to escape them and find a proper tenant just before Covid broke down. Also ** there perhaps the worst relationship manager I have seen who was rude from Day-1.  Very unfortunate for consumers but unfortunately such companies in the travel sector are not well regulated.

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Jose954
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi, I just came across your question about Leavy. I've used them in London once (I went away to France for 3 days) and everything has been smooth. Nothing at home was broken, actually it looked like nobody stayed in my flat at all (but maybe I'm wrong). I got my payment on time (and yes, there are no management fees, just a payment that is perhaps lower than what hostmaker or airsorted would offer, but then again, I could never use them because they need me to go away for a month) and the apartment has been cleaned as well. Their customer support was responsive - I always got a reply within hours.

I couldn't use Airbnb directly, as I have no one to handle the keys to the guest and hiring a cleaner is a nightmare, so what Leavy offers definitely resonates with me. My experience was positive, so I would recommend them. I hope my answer helped. 

Andrew1457
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi 

I'm travelling to Paris in a few weeks time and have had a booking confirmed by a host called Benoit who told me it is his flat where he lives whilst not on holiday.  I started recieving messages from both Benoit and Leavy through airbnb.  Benoit has now told me that Leavy will be handling the reservation from today.  He provided me with an email address and phone number, and also said I could contact Leavy through the airbnb platform.

This is the first time I've had this situation arise on AirBnB and I have to say am a little bit nervous about it all.  The advert had no reviews, the place looked better than the average at a very agreeable price.  Benoit also has 21 other flats listed on AirBnB with no reviews and told me that they are all new to AirBnB.

Can anyone reassure me please that I'm not going to get stitched up?!

Hi Andrew! 
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I've just an experience with Leavy and I certainly recommend them. I had absolutely no problems throughout my period away and they were very good at communicating and spotting any potential issues. Cheers

Gary788
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Guys please do your due dil on Leavy. Yasmin works for them and is posting fake reviews on their behalf

Were you not working for Leavy?!

Elizaveta7
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Okay, it's been a while, so I can actually write an update that might be useful for anyone looking to rent out with them. Overall, great idea, but not great execution. I wouldn't recommend!

Hi Elizaveta, 

So what was your experience ? 

We are also looking to rent our flat for a 3-4 weeks or so. And they approached us with an offer to pay upfront regardless of the occupancy. 

Would you recommend to go ahead ? 

Harriette4
Level 1
England, GB

I have used them and after using several of the biggest companies in London to manage my property, hands down Leavy.co have come up trumps. Super professional, paid upfront and they left my place in a better condition than when I gave it to them. Not sure what you mean by ‘execution’, but I would highly recommend them. I’m even using Leavy again this Christmas! 

Elisabeth680
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

My experience with Leavy has been probably one of the worst I've had when it comes to any rental, and in general, travel services I've ever used before. While signing up to rent my home for a few week was rather easy, the experience and service after that has been incredibly appalling. Here are the highlights:

1) One of the guests were a group of 10-15 students** (I've known my neighbour upstairs for 5 years and when I came back from my holiday they told me the story horrified). I have a flat with 1.5 bedrooms, so you can imagine.

2) These group of people were smoking inside of my flat and in the common corridor area.

3) Not only that, they also:
- broke my living room lamp
- bedroom bedside lamp
- burned my kitchen table with a cigarette
- stole several kitchen items
- stained my beige carpet
- broke my toilet brush
- broke an expensive glass flower vase
- used the heating 24/7 at an average of 35 degrees (I know that because I have a Nest thermostat); which led to the boiler loosing pressure and a huge energy bill
- etc. you get what I am trying to say

When I came back from holiday I seriously wanted to cry. It was heartbreaking to see my flat in that condition.

4) When I spoke to Leavy, the only item they came forward about (because it was obvious) was the broken vase. Everything else had not been brought up to me before I came back home.

5) Furthermore, when I tried to speak to them I got push back for every item. For instance, they said that they didn't think they had to reimburse the cost of replacing my kitchen table (which now had a cigarette burn) because it was still usable!! Another example was with some of the items that had disappeared from my kitchen. I have some designer cutlery; and while it's not ridiculously expense, it still not Ikea. Their response was that Leavy is not responsible for any items that are left in the house!!! I mean, what does this even mean? Can any guest just go to any of the homes rented via Leavy and steal anything they want? I was told I had to provide cutlery, so I did. I have many other examples.

6) After a lot of back and forth (during and after my holiday), Leavy agreed to reimburse me for some of the items that had been either broken or damaged. But by no means all of them. I'm now left with a massive bill which I'm having to pay out of my own pocket to fix all the left over items Leavy won't pay for. Which basically means that I have rented my flat for no money - as if I had made a few hundred pounds on this rental, I've now had to spend this money on fixing the house.

7) During my multiple conversations with Leavy, and since we couldn't reach agreement, I asked the person I was talking to if he could put me in touch with his line manager. He refused. Not once, but multiple times. He said he was the one making the ultimate decision, and that there was nobody else above him. I've never seen worst customer service. Really, Founders of Leavy, I would want to revisit this aspect of your service.

I'm writing this very detailed email because I wish I would have known this before I decided to rent my flat with Leavy. Please don't do it, unless you don't care about the way your home is going to be when you return.

Exact same thing happened to me! They are clearly terrible at vetting the people entering your property 😞

In this case, after discussing the issues with Leavy, we reached an agreement and the issue has been resolved.

Yasmin241
Level 2
London, Canada

Hi Everyone!
It was my first experience using Leavy and I can say my experience was completely different from the Elizabeth. My flat was in perfect conditions and when I got back they had left a flower and a thank you note on my kitchen table. During the whole experience the Customer Support lady was extremely helpful and kept me updated every step of the way. 

I super recommend them. They seemed professionals and good in communicating any issues.

Gary788
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Yasmin 'super recommends them' because she works for Leavy and she is posting a fake review

Naeema1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yes they are scammers haven’t paid me for the work I did for them it’s been 4 months now !