Guests not following house rules

Maggie89
Level 2
Brockenhurst, United Kingdom

Guests not following house rules

I am a new host and I make it clear on my listing that I do not provide bedlinen (ie duvet covers, sheets & pillowcases) or towels.  I provide mattress protectors, duvets and pillows.  However, I have had two occasions now where guests have not brought the appropriate bedlinen and have either slept on my beds without it or in a sleeping bag!  This has spoilt my bedding and means I have to pay for my cleaner to do the laundry as well as clean.  I am nowhere near my listing, so can't see the damage for myself.  Although it seems obvious from photos I have been sent that the mattress protectors and pillows are not clean and have been slept on directly, the guests have argued that they DID use bedlinen.  If I post a negative review, they will post a negative review and this could cause difficulties.  Any advice as to how to solve this problem?  They have also refused to pay an additional charge for the laundry.

15 Replies 15
Pamela-And-Jack0
Level 4
Rohnert Park, CA

There is an Airbnb in my small university town who doesn't provide toilet paper!
I ALWAYS read entire listings before booking when I travel.

Pamela Fender