Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

Peter29
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest unable to make payment to Airbnb

I have a potential guest who has been trying to make payment to Airbnb in order to confirm the reservation. Apparently this has not been successful and her booking keeps getting canceled. She has offered to pay offline but I have declined. Has anyone experienced this before?

172 Replies 172

I have the same problem. I want to pay the full amount at the time of booking or pay off the balance but AirBNB doesn't allow this to happen before the day they stipulate. After attempting to make the payment I even get put onto a page (below) saying that the payment has gone through. When I phoned the helpline, all I got was obfuscation, trying to blame the bank and treating me like a complete idiot.

The company needs to address this issue.

Philip2981_0-1678528057039.png

Hi @Philip2981 , I'm having the exact same issue.. how did you resolve it? 

@Rebecca1887 you need to tag @Philip2981 to have any chance of a reply.

@Mike-And-Jane0  thank you for your help 

Last time, having had the most ridiculous conversation on the phone helpline, when the operator just pretended that there was no problem, I ended up asking for their name and threatened to make an official complaint about them. Miraculously the problem was instantly resolved.

With my most recent booking, I just can't be bothered to waste an hour of my time on the phone. I am hoping that the balance just goes through without a hitch on the due date.

Good luck!

I am trying to pay the balance on my trip. The site accepted the card I used for the deposit, but will NOT let me pay the balance!  I have tried multiple credit and debit cards, but I keep getting a "Payment failed, try again" message. I tried signing out and signing back in, I cleared my browser, tried on another device, and nothing is working!

@Donna1292 the card will automatically take the second part of your payment as long as money is in the acc on a certain date . You should receive a message to that effect . You do not in effect 'have to pay it ' as such . H

I'm sure you're aware, but for those who aren't, Airbnb does not charge credit cards until the day before the stay. They notify the visitor via email that the card has been declined and state that "we haven't informed the host"... It could be as simple as not having enough time to resolve the situation or missed emails on the part of the guests. Simply communicate with them. This page (** is about recurring payment processing.

However, I do not disagree that they should have a better system because they attempt to control everything else. 

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines