Guest has been over charged by airbnb

Mat-And-Kate0
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Guest has been over charged by airbnb

Our first guest has booked with us for three nights. Their credit card however has been charged substantially more than they should have. How do I/they get in touch with someone at Airbnb to rectify this issue? This is embarassing and unprofessional, so I would like to resolve it asap. Not being able to contact Airbnb does not help.

Gratefully any pertinent advice.

Best

Mat

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

As a host, you are not responsible for taking care of money matters for your guest.  The only way to rectify this is to instruct your guest to contact Airbnb directly, who will be able to explain the charge to them.

Also, to note: the entire cost of the reservation is charged when the guest books, not just a deposit.  Could this be why the guest thinks they were charged more?  Or maybe it's a currency conversion problem?  Lots of possibilities and best for them to speak directly with Airbnb to hash it out.

Thank you for that reply; I appreciate you taking the time.

We eventually got in touch with Airbnb, although it was quite difficult to find a phone number for them. Their facebook page ended up having the number.

As it turned out a refuund was already underway from Airbnb. It turns out after we changed the dates Airbnb's system commenced the charge adjustment.

Cheers

Mat and Kate