Edinburgh Occupancy Rate

Edinburgh Occupancy Rate

Hi all

I have a three bedroom apartment that I rent close to the meadows for the summer, June July and August.  This is my first summer of renting the aprtment and I wondered what kind of occupancy rates people had over the summer.  I am currently 30 percent booked which I am pretty happy about.   As a new listing I do not have reviews so I guess that that will affect bookings.

Thanks in advance

jude

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jude0

Occupancy rates will depend on peak tourism periods for your city, the type of accommodation you have, your location, facilities, your competition, whether you have a rare type of property,  etc.

As a new host you get an artificial boost in the rankings so you need to factor this in too.

Edinburgh tourism people will have footfall figures for the city.

Something like Airdna will also have data you can use (you really need to use the paid for version to get any value.

Hi Helen, thanks for getting back to me. I haven't heard of Airdna will check it out thank you!  I guess that I have a fairly standard apartment, relatively central, good photos 🙂 and am keeping my prices competetive.  I was curious really what kind of occupancy could be acheived.