Do use in the calendar and posting a new listing

Answered!
Allison250
Level 2
Detroit, MI

Do use in the calendar and posting a new listing

I am a new host. I have a three bedroom home which I do not occupy at this time. I have listed individual rooms for occupancy starting the third week in January however I was reading the calendar and you can link calendars to avoid overlapping bookings. How do I differentiate between a single bed room occupancy as opposed to an entire house Occupancy? Do I have to form a separate listing in order to rent out the entire house meaning all three bedrooms for the same time frame/reservation?  Or does AirB&B program do that automatically? 

New host confusion.

Allison from Detroit

1 Best Answer

Thank you for the reply. This is been very helpful.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Allison250,

I think that you need about 4 listings (or more):  

1- listing for room 1

2- listing for room 2

3- listing for room 3  

4- listing for all 3 rooms

If it is possible, could you see this articles:  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i-list-multiple-rooms 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Allison, if you want to have 3 individual rooms you need to have 3 separate listings; one for each room. I would name each room, both with a sign on the door in the actually home and in the listing title. Do you plan on renting to 3 separate people/groups at a time? If so, each room could be booked on overlapping dates but you will need to come up with some general house rules and especially for the common areas, get specific. Other guests can greatly impact each others stay if there is a lack of communication. Will you be there daily to clean up the kitchen, bathroom, etc? Are there door locks on each bedroom? Guests will likely expect this when sharing with other people. Be careful because right now your listing looks like you are renting 3 bedrooms for 8 guests for only $29 per night. So if one reservation is booked, your calendar will be blocked and no other guests can request those dates. It may be difficult to explain that they have confirmed only one bedroom. You have "instant book" on right now which means guests can confirm with a click of a button. I would turn this off until you get the hang of things. Have a conversation with the potential guest first and see if they are a good fit. 

The calendars can only be linked if you have many listings. I think it is 6. 

Thank you for the reply. This is been very helpful.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Allison250

I think, if it is possible, you could add some photos, rooms, beds and other photos. 

Thanks, 

Miloud