Changing ratings

Alex1477
Level 3
Newport, United Kingdom

Changing ratings

We're new to airbnb and a recent guest gave us 4 stars in all categories - it turns out in error. So one 4 star out of 13 totally top-notch bookings has meant our overall rating has now plummeted to 92% from 100% - I asked her why she had down voted us in all the categories when her comments were conversely positive so we could improve our offer and she said a problem with her phone but that she meant to give us all 5's - her mistake has mean that we will need another 30 or so all round 5 stars to slowly drag our 92% back up to where it should be - 100%. This simple error has had a very long term affect on our rating and may possibly (can't seem to work out exactly how its all worked out) hinder our Super Host progress. The guest has admitted fault and said if there is anything that can be done, she will gladly change her star rating.

Can anything be done in this situation?! Will Airbnb take this circumstance into account and intervene some how? Advice greatly taken!

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

In short, Air BNB will not take down the rating.  There has been some discussion about allowing the exclusion of one outlier review per year, but I don't think it has been instituted.  Discouraging, but don't fixate on it.  I lost my 3 year Super Host status because of a guest that misunderstood the listing and blamed me for it.  Since that time, I have had lovely guests and am booked as much as I desire.  No effect in the actual business.

Alex1477
Level 3
Newport, United Kingdom

Hey Linda. The rationable part of us knows exactly that what you say is sensible - we're currrently running at about 92% occupancy based on short and medium term bookings while still both working full time so are hardly suffering adverse consequences. Its just the flippant 'oh, well, sorry for the balls up' attitude of the guests  in question who don't appreciate that its now going to be another 6 - 8 months at the current booking rate until we get back up to where we really should be - 100%. Thanks for the words of advice though!