Smart pricing set to low in middle of summer holidays

Rachel748
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

Smart pricing set to low in middle of summer holidays

I've just received a booking for the middle of the summer holidays. Really excited, I checked how much I'd be earning and realised that the smart pricing was for our lowest rate. I dont know how this makes any sense, when in low season it is set as a higher rate. Now I dont know whether to cancel the booking or keep it and juct accept that we won't really be earning anything from it. 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rachel748 

It is allways recommended to check what "smart prices" comes up with, it is easy to see in the calender or by simulating some bookings on the listing. I use Smart pricing with a very small bandwith, so never can be exceptional price-differences. If you cancel the booking it will harm your "status" as a host and you receive some penalties:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

So you will have to decide wich option (keep or cancel) gives you the most "harm".

BTW Your guest can cancel with full refund within 48 hours after booking, as stated in the listing.

best regards,

Emiel

Rachel748
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

I have now turned smart pricing off but fail to see how Air B&B came up with these rates for the time of year. I know that if I cancel those dates will be blocked. It's so frustrating.

Chantal419
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Yes, wondering how that would work as we are entering our first summer season and dont want to miss out on revenue! If anybody has any advice as to how much to increase price for busy seasn ,please let us know!