Change dates on inquiry -- an inquiry not pre-approved.

Robert1401
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Change dates on inquiry -- an inquiry not pre-approved.

Were brand new here.  A prospective guest inquired about a stay starting on 22 January and then wanted to start on 24 January, but she says she wasn’t able to change The dates.  Here is her message:

“Thanks so much for your responses. I’d like to book, however, I’m going to make a quick trip to Mozambique, expecting to arrive in Cape Town 24th Jan. I tried to make changes, but it’s not allowing me. Are you able to modify on your end? Thanks!”

i searched around  the community Q and A’s, but I’m still unclear on what is going on and how I should handle it.

im sure that’s the information to clarify this is somewhere on the site, but I haven’t yet found it.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.  Robert

2 Replies 2

Did her inquiry say "Inquiry" or "Booking Request"? If it was an inquiry, ask her to fill out a booking request with the corrected dates. If it was a booking request, ask her to cancel it and rebook at the preferred dates. If you already accepted the booking on a booking request, she can cancel the booking, wait for the dates to reappear as available, then rebook with the corrected dates. Her cancellation will have no fees attached. As a new host, you should be aware that sending a quote to an inquiry will not give you credit toward the booking, if you are interested in superhost recognition after 10 bookings. Once I discovered that, I stopped sending quotes to inquiries and asked guests to make a booking request for the full details and breakdown of costs.

Robert1401
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you very much, Donna.

By the way I lived in Oakland before leaving in 04/17 to roam the world...though I got stuck here In Cape Town a year ago due to an affair of the heart.

Robert