Change a booking

Ingmar0
Level 2
Eemnes, Netherlands

Change a booking

Hi, 

I booked a place for 4 nights. But I want to change my booking, so I asked the host to change it. But he says he can't do anything due to policy? He asked me to contact AirBnB about it. But via AirBnB it seems like I need to ask the host, so what do I need to do? 

11 Replies 11
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Cancel and re book?

David

Solved 

The host can simply login, go to your reservation and click "change or cancel reservation". In they can make any changes necessary.

I think the problem is that whoever cancels...even to rebook...is going to lose the Airbnb fees paid. Those don't seem to be refundable.
Ingmar0
Level 2
Eemnes, Netherlands

Thanks it's finally solved now. 

Yep, finally he did, so it's solved now 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You can initiate the reservation change on your own by logging in and changing it.
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ingmar0

Does the host have a 4 night minimum stay and you would want to change to less ?  In that case the host might not be so co-operative.

As long as the new dates are available and within the minimum stay - there is a good chance the host will accept the change.

They have only explained that for whatever reason, and there could be many good ones, the host is not willing to amend so the only other option is to cancel and re book.

David
Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

Unnecessary to contact Airbnb for change of booking, either parties (host and guest) can make the alteration. Just go to your itinerary and click the change button. The changes need to accept by the host though.

Ingmar0
Level 2
Eemnes, Netherlands

Solved