Can airbnb cancel on my behalf?

Can airbnb cancel on my behalf?

a Guest arrived to my place and they say tehre are ants in the bedroom.. I never had ants but it was raining and it can possible.
they asked what to do;I offered going to solve the situation.

They said we are leaving to a hotel what can you do? I told them not problem you have to contact airbnb.

it's saturday night I'm travelling airbnb calls me and the call doesnt go through. they send me a message with a one hour timeline saying.

they can shorten the reservation to one day, so I will get one day paid, and its the best solution but If I dont reply in one hour they will cancel in my behalf.

I saw the message one hour late, and they have canceled in my name, thing that goes against raitings because I never canceled on anybody.

my question is;

is it part of airbnb procedures? is not the guest the one who need to cancel if they are not happy? dont they have to provide information to airbnb?  by the way the guest didnt provide any proof or anything. they just left.
I'm trying to figure out legally what I can do with this unfair procedure that obviously somenone with zero idea took in his hands and decided whatever he thought was the way to go.

I had situations like this previously, and its the guest who cancels, it goes to arbitration and its decided, but never ever anybody tood a decision of canceling someone on my behalf.

IS THAT LEGAL? IS PART OF AIRBNB STANDARDS?

I will apreciate any feedback.

0 Replies 0