Can I request a part payment for a long booking?

Answered!
Lu-and-James0
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Can I request a part payment for a long booking?

We're fairly new to hosting and have received a booking for 28 nights in May. Initially we were delighted, but now a little anxious as we use the moderate cancellation policy, so if the guest decides to cancel six days before arrival, we lose the whole month's booking.

Am I able to ask the guest to make a part payment or some sort of deposit? All I'm looking for is some reassuarance that they are committed to the booking.

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lu-and-James0 

Your booking is covered by Airbnb's long term cancellation policy https://www.airbnb.co.uk/home/cancellation_policies#long-term 

I would recommend you have a read through airbnb's help centre and the useful guides on the community centre as it will help you get to grips with how airbnb works which in turn will help you manage your listing more succesfully and avoid some of the common pitfalls.

You cannot take a deposit with Airbnb. Why not change your cancellation policy to strict.

Don't forget guests (as well as hosts) can cancel under Airbnb's extenuating circumstance policy regardless of your cancellation policy.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lu-and-James0 

Your booking is covered by Airbnb's long term cancellation policy https://www.airbnb.co.uk/home/cancellation_policies#long-term 

I would recommend you have a read through airbnb's help centre and the useful guides on the community centre as it will help you get to grips with how airbnb works which in turn will help you manage your listing more succesfully and avoid some of the common pitfalls.

You cannot take a deposit with Airbnb. Why not change your cancellation policy to strict.

Don't forget guests (as well as hosts) can cancel under Airbnb's extenuating circumstance policy regardless of your cancellation policy.

Hi @Helen

Thanks so much for your help, that's really useful, and a relief!

I'll have a read through the guides and help centre.

Thanks again

Lu : )