Can I attach pictures or links to my reviews?

James471
Level 2
Mangaf, Kuwait

Can I attach pictures or links to my reviews?

I will be renting a unit this August and this will be my first foray into Airbnb. I am quite excited because the apartment that I am about to occupy has all the necessary facilities, especially the kitchen tools, and for a lot less money than hotels, which generally feel less homey.

One of the activities that I do when I'm in other places is that I review hotels. Sites such as Tripadvisor allow me to attach pictures that i've taken of the rooms and the areas, and in the same way, I wish that I would be able to do the same on Airbnb. But it seems that all of the reviews that I've read do not have photos in them so I assume that guests do not have the ability to attach photos.

I really would like to accompany my reviews with photos so that I would be able to help prospective customers in convincing or dissuading from renting an apartment. On the other hand, I also think that pictures could boost the reputation of the host if his or her apartment deserves better attention.

I have not done any reviews before. So my question is can we attach pictures to our reviews? If yes, how? If no, are there other ways to circumvent the restriction?

52 Replies 52

I totally agree! I stayed at one in particular that had a leak from the window and further investigation showed extensive water damage in many places. The hosts review was that I was high maintenance but I have videos and photos I can prove my complaints were valid but cannot post them to show. 

James471
Level 2
Mangaf, Kuwait

I have stopped using Airbnb since. 4 housese with dishonest depictions and inaccurate reviews.

I am done. I hope this platform go bust for not letting guests post pictures of the actual garbage.

Dana368
Level 1
New York, NY

I understand the reasons (privacy, etc.) but it’s unfortunate that you can’t add photos to reviews. I recently stayed at a place that had lovely photos of commons areas; imagine my shock when I saw how disgusting the bathrooms were. I was also shocked to see reviewers say the place was spotless when I found mold in the bathrooms and holes in the walls. Unfortunately I couldn’t submit proof of my review with the photos. 

William1198
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

I agree that if you cannot back up your reviews with photos, it is only one persons word ( the renter) against another's (the owners) polished representation of their property.  I had a recent negative experience in Hollywood CA and do not plan to book another Air BnB until my photos can be uploaded in my reviews as this place had dirty carpeting  that was not fit to walk on.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course it isn't. All you had to do was submit photos of damage etc to the host and if they weren't willing to fix you could have asked Airbnb to intervene or in some cases for the booking to be cancelled by Airbnb if it was so bad you couldn't continue to stay there. @William1198 

Jb40
Level 2
Springfield, OR

Is it possible to insert a link to let’s say a Google Docs in a review? 

That way potential guests could have access to pics and videos. 
I just had a horrible experience in an Airbnb flat in Paris that was infested with roaches. I made daily pics and videos. 

Brandi155
Level 1
Sparta, WI

I just stayed at a country home i TN, hosted by **. It was terribly disappointing. Rotten food in the fridge, dirty dishes in the cabinet and in the oven, a mouse, cockroaches, a musty odor in the house, a collapsing floor in front of the refrigerator, plumbing that gurgled whenever you flushed the toilet, and a leaking hot water heater. I was very descriptive in my review, I also contacted the host while we were there, she offered an apology. The hosts response to my review was nothing short of complete denial and deflection. Furthermore I believe she is having ppl post fake reviews, IF it is possible. My stay was complete three weeks ago and she has an additional 3-4 reviews from guests already? I do find it hard to believe. And yes I did contact Airbnb* to have this home flagged for review and upon giving them all my details INCLUDING pictures AND video, they have chosen to allow the host to continue to offer this house to guests. Which tells me they don't hold anyone accountable and as guests that go through any vacation rental site we really are taking a gamble. This is not my first AIRBNB experience however this is the first bad experience I have had. Health and safety should be of the  utmost importance. Unfortunately it is clear from

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

this case it is not.IMG-4308.jpgIMG-4309.jpgIMG-4300.jpgIMG-4302.jpg    

Ruth931
Level 2
Johnston, RI

I would LOVE to add pics to my reviews.   I am a host and take pride in my rental, and it was treated like a fraternity house.

8382669530845242872.jpgFullSizeR (1).jpgIMG_5939.jpg