Calendar control

Selvi8
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Calendar control

I'm really annoyed by the fact that users have the option to block my calendar without penalty. For example today I got a reservation request which I instantly accepted. Now I'm awaiting payment but also I didn't get a reply from the guest. So now I think this guest is not serious and won't complete the booking. I have to wait out for them to book or not to book but my calendar is blocked on these dates. So there is a possibility I'm missing out on potential bookings for these dates or even longer bookings that will start before and end after the dates that are blocked. Host should be given the option to keep these dates open or block.

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Selvi8 

I am confused with your post, I don't think you understand how Airbnb works.

If you got an INQUIRY, then you can answer and click on pre-approve or decline. Your guest can book later or not. You can choose to block those dates for 24 hours or not.

If you got a BOOKING REQUEST then you have to click on accept or decline. If you accept then the booking is done, payment is made and your calendar is blocked.

If you got an INSTANT BOOKING then the booking is done, payment is made and your calendar is blocked.

You will be paid from Airbnb 24 hours after your guest check-in.

Branka-and-Silvia0

I was also confused. After speaking with several case managers I understand now. Also I think you don't really know how Airbnb works.

When you receive a BOOKING REQUEST your calendar is blocked (just not to Airbnb guests who meet the requirements to book instantly.) If you accept, the guest has paid or the guest still has 24 hours to pay and your calendar will be blocked (just not to Airbnb guests who meet the requirements to book instantly.) while the status is: "Awaiting payment". This was the case with my reservation. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0 

@Selvi8 is correct in this front and as it has also happened to me several times this last month it is really annoying. But if not paid within the next 24 hours from accepting this reservation- dates become available again but obviously in that time you could lose out on a potentially serious booking without said issue. 

Yadira 🙂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yadira22 @Selvi8  Oh, then it must be another "improvement" by Airbnb. Until recently guest had to pay to be able to send a REQUEST. The moment host accepted them the payment went through.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I wonder if the awaiting payment status is a fix for the time in which Air BNB had some problem with payment but the booking remained on the calendar a long time only to be cancelled later for non-payment.  Having a 24 hour hold is better than what has occurred.  It does allow some flexibility for guests at the expense of the host availability.